Below are our current openings:
Administration and Program Support Assistant
Reporting to the Executive Director (primary), Senior Program Coordinator (secondary), the Administration and Program Support Assistant is an integral member of a team dedicated to achieving the mission and vision of Georgina Trades Training Inc.
This is a full-time position working 37.5 hours per week (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) Occasional Tuesday evenings on rotation.
Administrative, Clerical and Reception Services
1.00. Performs administrative, clerical and reception functions, as assigned.
1.01. Performs reception functions, including: greeting visitors coming into the facility, responds to general emails, answering phone calls, directing calls to the appropriate contacts or services and providing information in person and by phone.
1.02. Files and maintains other necessary records and maintains database.
1.03. Performs administrative tasks, including proofreading and transcribing handwritten information.
1.04. Prepares minutes, agendas, and reports for distribution.
1.05. Schedule and process payments for fee-for-service registrations and certifications
1.06. Reminder calls, follow up calls, photocopying and prepping classrooms for appropriate meetings / classes.
1.07. Support and assist with fundraising events
2.00. Supports program planning, coordination and promotion, as assigned, including program follow-up.
2.01. Participates in the organization, implementation and follow up activities for registration days, job fairs, graduations, fundraising activities, annual general meetings and other sessions and events with partnering organization.
2.02. Coordinates and completes interim and final course reports/evaluations, collecting necessary data with a variety of instruments (i.e. documents, surveys, digital images or video).
2.03. Prepares reports for funding providers, Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
2.04. Prepares final course reports and recommendations.
2.05. Liaises with Finance/Bookkeeping coordinator regarding budget, revenues, expenditures, reports, and other financial matters.
2.06. Supports grant application, program planning and reporting processes.
2.07. Provides support in the planning, organizing and coordination of meetings, seminars, courses and related facilities, equipment and program administration.
2.08. Coordinates facilities, equipment, and services for events, such as transportation for participants, signage, special needs requirements, audio-visual equipment, printing, security and others as required.
3.00. Monitors and works with coop students, interns and instructors.
3.00. Responds to community inquiries about GTTI programs and apprenticeships in a complete and professional manner.
3.01. Transmits information or documents to required individuals using computer, mail or fax.
3.02. Participates in the interviewing, screening and completion of registration of participants.
3.03. Maintains student/customer profiles and information on GTTI’s database.
3.04. Supports the organization of job site visits, job shadowing opportunities and job matching and job placements for program participants.
3.05. Directs community members to local resources and courses of action that will assist them in achieving their career goals.
3.06. Develops and maintains a network of employers to secure job opportunities.
Website, Social Media and Database Management Support
4.00. Supports the promotion of GTTI’s presence in the community through social media, personal contacts and the performance of job responsibilities in a matter that positively reflects of GTTI’s reputation; supports database management.
4.01. Supports Twitterâ, Facebookâ, and other social media promotions.
4.02. Provides support in website development and maintenance.
4.03. Maintains media contacts (i.e. Region of York, Town of Georgina, Chamber of Commerce, Snapd), as assigned.
5.00. Other Duties and Responsibilities
5.01. Maintains health and safety protocols in the workplace. Responsible for Monthly inspection.
5.02. Shares responsibility for building maintenance and repair by reporting issues, addressing needs, following up with service providers as needed.
5.03. Prepares refreshments and sets up Board meetings.
5.04. Performs community outreach and attend promotional events.
6.00. Performs other duties and responsibilities that arise or as assigned (subject to qualifications).
· Post-secondary education in one or more of the following, administration/education/trades/business /career services or equivalent.
· Minimum of two (2) years related administrative experience.
· Experience in the not-for-profit sector is preferred.
· Experience working with the public.
· Experience and/or training in social media capabilities and applications (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
· Experience and/or training in website maintenance and development is preferred.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Other Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Exceptional customer service skills are essential.
· Organizational, multi-tasking, problem-solving, planning, communications and interpersonal skills.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Internet Research, at an intermediate level of proficiency.
· Attention to detail.
· Skills and experience in one or more of the following is an asset, marketing, basic knowledge of bookkeeping, finance, accounting principles and practices and or Understanding of apprenticeship programs, regulations and procedures.
· Working indoors in an environmentally controlled climate.
· Position may require occasional travel (mileage reimbursed).
· Standard office/schooling hours, may require occasional evening / weekend attendance for meetings and events.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter, no later than Sunday, October 22, 2017 to: email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in joining Georgina Trades Training Inc. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen.
At GTTI, we all share in maintaining a safe work environment for staff, students, volunteers and visitors.
Georgina Trades Training Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify the Executive Director at (905) 722-6300, ext. 201.
Bus Drivers Needed
1) Minimum F class licence required-( 18-24 passenger buses)
(B is also acceptable, D also acceptable- with a written application for F can be done)
2) Letter from an employer indicating a minimum 3 years accident-free driving experience with a vehicle over 4,500 kg GVW or a vehicle carrying passengers(i.e. school or transit bus)
3) Clear driver’s abstract (will be reimbursed if qualified and accepted by insurer)
4) Clear criminal record/vulnerable sector screening (will be reimbursed if qualified and accepted by insurer)
The successful candidates will be responsible for providing transportation to our clients. Hours will vary between full-time and part-time based on changing destinations and programs. Some evenings and/or weekends may be required for either programming or charters. Successful candidates need reliable transportation to and from our location in Sutton, Ontario (northern York Region)