Maintenance and Facilities Assistant
This opportunity, supported by the Canada Summer Jobs 2023 program, is part of the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy, a federal commitment to help young people gain employment information, skills and experience. This program aims to support young people, particularly those from communities facing barriers to employment, as they transition into the labour market.
- Provide full-time work experience in Canada for a sixteen-week period beginning no later than May 15, 2023 and ending no later than September 1, 2023.
- Full-time hours – Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. excluding half-hour for lunch.
- Rate of pay is $16.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay.
- Eligible applicants include youth who are fifteen (15) years of age at the beginning of the employment period and no more than thirty (30) years of age at the end of the employment period.
- Applicants do not have to be a student.
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with provincial legislation/regulations.
- Assist in maintaining facilities and property, grounds keeping, general cleaning, minor repairs, painting, etc.
- Assist staff with a variety of projects, programs and activities as needed
- Safe operation of yard maintenance and other machinery and tools.
- Previous related experience is an asset.
- Physical demands: lifting/moving/handling heavy loads, dexterity, attention to detail, standing, sitting, crouching and kneeling.
- Required to provide own Safety footwear.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 5, 2023.
All staff have an obligation to contribute to maintaining a safe and sanitary environment for students, staff and community members. The Maintenance and Facilities Assistant summer placement will be provided with Personal Protective Equipment and safety equipment necessary to perform job functions. Health and safety and WHMIS training will be provided.
Georgina Trades Training Inc. appreciates the interest of all applications, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Summer Placement must fully comply with all public health (York Public Health, Public Health Ontario, Public Health Agency of Canada) and GTTI’s policies, practices and protocols in effect during their period of employment. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check.
Georgina Trades Training Inc is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify the main office at (905) 722-6300.
Georgina Trades Training Inc is committed to building a diverse workforce. As a result, we encourage candidates, especially those youth who identify as Aboriginal, disabled, LGBTQ, a member of a visible minority group and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
The Training Centre is seeking casual Bus Drivers.
The Training Centre has a fleet of two buses. These buses allow The Training Centre to transport students to and from training programs and when not being used for programing, the buses are used for community charters. The Bus Driver will be responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of the buses.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate a 2o to 24 seat accessible bus.
- Provide exceptional quality customer service while driving bus.
- Perform and record driver safety checks and monitor regular maintenance of vehicle.
- Communicate all driving and maintenance concerns to the Senior Program Coordinator.
- Maintain bus cleanliness at all times.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- ‘B or F class’ licence required- 20-24 passenger bus. (D class licence acceptable, written F license exam must be successfully completed at your expense.)
- Minimum 3 years accident-free bus driving experience, clear driver’s abstract.
- Reliable transportation required.
- An acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screen will be required as a condition of employment.
- Must be available to work flexible hours as evening and weekend attendance is required for bus charters.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, to: email@example.com
All staff have an obligation to contribute to maintaining a safe and sanitary environment for students, staff and community members. The Bus Driver will be provided with Personal Protective Equipment and safety equipment necessary to perform job functions. Additionally, health and safety and WHMIS training will be provided.
While The Training Centre appreciates the interest of all applications to this position, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check. The Training Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify The Training Centre at 905 722-6300.
The Training Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce. As a result, we encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Full Time Administrative Assistant
ServiceMaster Aurora Newmarket Richmond Hill is a large and well established Disaster Restoration firm. Headquartered in Newmarket, we offer 24/7 response for insurance claims (fires, floods etc.) providing emergency mitigation and reconstruction services.
The successful candidate will have, at minimum, the following:
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills
- Accounts receivable and accounts payables experience
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Quick Books experience not required but would be an asset
Duties to include but not limited to:
- A/P – Maintenance and data entry of vendor invoices, credit card charges & filing
- Maintenance of vendor WSIB and insurance certificates
- A/R – Invoicing, Job costing, posting customer payments, collection calls, monthly reporting and filing
- Relief on Reception Desk – entering claims, managing incoming calls and emails
- Assist office staff as required with various tasks
- Some Excel format spread sheets, reporting maintenance required
Please email your resume for consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ISO: PSWs for Home Healthcare
Advanta Health Care Services is currently seeking PSWs for community work. We are a Home Care agency, looking for reliable and organized care providers.
If you enjoy making people smile, looking for flexible hours, competitive compensation, and meaningful relationships with clients, families and colleagues – we know you will love working with us!
Full-time, part time or casual availability are considered.
We provide service and are hiring in all of GTA and surrounding areas, as well as throughout most of Southern Ontario.
- PSW Certificate or equivalent (DSW, Nursing Student, Health Care Aide (HCA), Home Support Worker (HSW), Internationally Trained Nurse, RN, RPN)
- A current CPR certificate and first aid certificate
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is an asset
Please apply with your RESUME and include a list of THREE REFERENCES that can be contacted, send resumes to email@example.com
We wish to thank all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.